Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday inspirations

Today's cooking inspiration is specifically for all the foreigners in Korea.
When I first arrived in Korea I found it very difficult to figure out what I could cook (because it can be really difficult/impossible to find certain ingredients) AND I was ....ovenless, as most foreigners over here are. My friend Lindsey helped me soooo much, and I will be FOREVER grateful.
So here is the blog that she started to help us all out.
This is what Lindsey has to say:
"My name is Lindsey, I am a stay home mom living in South Korea. Like Gabi, I too am a blogger. In creating Ovenless Chef, I had the vision of sharing my successes in making some of my favorite "baked goods" without the use of an oven. The blog boasts recipes such as Steamed Dinner Rolls, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles, and One Pot Chili... just to name a few. The blog has now evolved into a form of ministry for me, in that I am able to share yummy recipes with other foreigners who lack an oven or need to spice up thier menu. I have found that many people, including singles, are intimidated by preparing tasty meals without an oven. I myself was overwhelmed when we first moved to Korea. I must admit that our family of three ate a LOT of fried rice and stir frys the first month. Slowly I felt more comfortable with the packaging of Korean food, and familiar with the ingredients available to me. I try to incorporate easy to find ingredients in my recipes as well as notes for finding the more "rare" additions. I feel blessed to have the time at home to be able to minister to others through thier tummies! I hope the site is of some help to those adjusting to and living in Korea... or anywhere else without an oven!

P.S. I am not an actual chef, but hey... it was a catchy title! ;)
http://ovenlesschef.blogspot.com/ ~ Enjoy."
 

Todays Sewing blog is a gem - its called Sew,Mama,Sew! Not only does it have lots of great sewing projects it also has a lot of instructions on basic sewing techniques (for those of us that are learning as we go :)
Here is a tutorial on how to line a bag: (and the bag is super cute)
How To Line a Bag
And here is one on quick piece squares for quilting:
Quick-Piece Tiny Squares
Go and find the ones that interest you - there are tons!!!
Happy Monday everyone (and happy white day to those of you in Korea)

0 comments: